Services For Individuals With Unique Needs
The West Central Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center is a single access point in locating public or private services for older adults and individuals with disabilities of any age…Regardless of income!
The WCT-ADRC identifies services, provides information, advocacy, and assistance to services and opportunities that support independence and individual choice to those residing in West Central Texas. We will stay with you throughout the application process until you begin receiving services. Our information and referral service is free to use!
Our work team will listen to YOUR unique situation, help identify and prioritize your needs and provide assistance in obtaining services about community resources and support groups. Our team can offer you information about choices that are available to meet your long term needs, assist you in completing applications or discuss your options so you can make informed decisions.
The ADRC’s primary role is to provide service navigation on behalf of the consumer. The Resource Specialist can make referrals, assist in completing applications, or contact an agency.
- Abilene Housing Authority (Income guidelines apply)
- AIDS Resources of Rural Texas
- Aspermont Small Business Development Center-Emergency financial, housing, food, and health assistance for Jones county – 940-989-3538
- Cancer patients – 325-672-0040
- Community Living Assistance and Services for Disabled
- Disabled American Veterans of Abilene (up to $50 for assistance)
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program (Income guidelines apply)
- Housing Assistance Programs for lower income individuals including rental assistance, weatherizing homes, and utility assistance
- Rolling Plains Management – 325-672-3969 Utility and Weatherization Assistance
- Salvation Army Housing Assistance Program – 325-677-1408
- Taylor County (Income guidelines apply)
- Texas Home Living Waiver Program for developmental & intellectual disabilities
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing
- Veterans Re-entry Services with Goodwill West TX – 866-686-7925
- 2-1-1 (For up to date listing of transportation information)
- Aspermont Small Business Development Center (Emergency financial, housing, food, transportation and health assistance for Jones county) – 940-989-3538
- Cancer patients (Transportation to/from treatment)
- CityLink (General transit for Abilene)
- Rolling Plains Management – 325-672-3969 V
- eteran Medical Appointment Transportation for Transportation to/from medical appointments
- Veteran Medical Van Available on Tuesdays and Thursdays to/from Big Spring VAMC
- American Red Cross (Big Country Branch)
- Disaster Assistance.gov Simplifies the process of applying for disaster assistance
- SalavationArmy.org offers a variety of services
- Aspermont Small Business Development Center (Emergency financial, housing, food, and health assistance for Jones county) – 940-989-3538
- Legal Aide (For low & moderate income families)
- Take Time Texas – to encourage caregivers to take time for themselves
- Connecting Caregivers
- VA Caregiver Support
- AARP – Provides information on discounted drugs and services for AARP members. MembeRx can save members an average of 19% on most pharmacy drugs
- DRUGALERT.org provides information, drug recalls, news alerts, side effects, and pending litigations associated with various drugs and their manufacturers.
- DrugDangers.com provides the latest information on a range of medications and medical devices.
- Needymeds.com provides information about patient assistance programs, searchable by drug or program. Offers pharmaceutical Discount card comparisons and program applications.
- RXHope.com to find information about prescription assistance programs, drugs, pharmaceutical companies products and services
- CHIP (General information and eligibility for childrens insurance program)
- CHIP (Income guidelines chart)
- Texas Health Steps provides prevention medical and dental services for Medicaid enrolled children
- Taylor County Indigent Health Care Provides basic health care to eligible county residents
- 2-1-1 for a list of food pantries
- Aspermont Small Business Development Center (Food pantry for Jones county) – 940-989-3538
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) includes emergency food stamp assistance
- Home Delivered Meals (Abilene) – 325-795-5714 Home Delivered Meals (Meals-on-Wheels) – 325-672-5050
- Home Delivered Meals (Callahan County) – 325-854-5858
- Home Delivered Meals (Fisher/Jones County) – 325-735-2359
- Home Delivered Meals (Taylor County) – 325-672-5050
- Child Care Assistance
- 2-1-1 for a current list of providers
- Free immunizations for children birth-18 years old. Clinic 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month
- Jones County Department of Health & Human Services (Immunizations for school aged children are free up to a $30 maximum. Located in Stamford) – 325-795-5851
- Taylor County Public Health (Varied vaccines for children birth-18 years old)
- Parenting.org (Resources, articles, audio tips, library)
- Positive Parenting offers basic tips on discipline, homework help and how-tos
- College For All Texans’ Savings plan
- Texas Tuition Promise Fund
- Lonestar 529 Plan
- Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan
- TX Dept of Assistive & Rehab Services offers independent living skills and vocation rehabilitation programs for persons with physical and mental disabilities
- Workforce Solutions of West Central Texas offers workshops, skills assessments, job search and childcare assistance
- VA for Vets helps military personnel build resumes that translate their military rank, training and experience into civilian job qualifications
We know that housing navigation can be a problem for you. We work to establish relationships with independent rental owners, housing authorities, property management teams and developers who want to bring additonal affordable and accessible housing resources to West Central Texas.
Since YOU have a unique housing situation, we will help identify and prioritize your needs and provide assistance in obtaining services.
We keeps lists for the counties of: Brown, Callahan, Coleman, Comanche, Eastland, Fisher, Haskell, Jones, Kent, Knox, Mitchell, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Stephens, Stonewall, Taylor and Throckmorton. Since listings change constantly, be sure to get the most up to date rate and occupancy informaiton from the provider listed.
Our lead agencies have agreed to serve on the WCT-ADRC Steering Committee, assist in distributing materials and help to coordinate agency services.
By working together, the following lead agencies can serve the region more efficiently and strive to provide a single, coordinated system of information and referrals for West Central Texas residents:
- United Way/2-1-1 A Call For Help
- Betty Hardwick Center
- Area Agency on Aging of West Cental Texas
- Abilene Regional Medical Center
- Hendrick Medical Center
- Reliant Abilene
- Department of Aging and Disability Services Region 2 & 9
- West Central Texas Council of Governments.