Law Enforcement Academy
The West Central Texas Regional Law Enforcement Academy strives to provide well-trained peace officers, corrections officers, and telecommunicators to meet the diverse demands of law enforcement through rigorous training that is based upon values and respect.
It is our goal to make all TCOLE mandated training available to all peace officers, county correction officers and telecommunicators in the region by conducting entry-level and in-service training courses to meet the demands of the region, crime trends and compliance with new laws.
Basic Peace Officer Training
Basic Corrections Officer Training
Basic Telecommunicator Training
Find all the information pertaining to attending the Law Enforcement Academy here.
Basic Steps For Attending The Academy
- Complete and return the pre-enrollment form as soon as possible.
- Approximately 90 days before the start date of the appropriate class, application paperwork will be sent.
- Follow all application instructions and return packet to the Academy by deadline indicated. This will also include Reading Comprehension test results.
- Oral Interview Board scheduled.
- Be interviewed and approved by the Oral Interview Board.
- Take and pass the physical examination and psychological examination.
- Pay tuition.
- Students who are accepted into the Basic Peace Officer Course are required to furnish a pair of good athletic shoes, exercise clothing, filler paper and dividers for student notebooks and a handgun for firearms training. In addition, each student must purchase the required Academy uniforms.
Join our Training Info E-mail List
Get more information on the West Central Texas Regional Law Enforcement Academy by calling us at 325-672-1197, or use the form on this page to email our team directly.