Improving The Well-Being Of Veteran Families
The WCTRF was awarded H4TXH Grant by the Texas Veteran Commission in July.
The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities funded a project to more fully include persons with disabilities in faith-based communities in Callahan, Jones and Taylor Counties.
Staff will be working closely with the U.S. Department on Veterans Affairs, Texas Commission on Developmental Disabilities, Area Agency on Aging of West Central Texas, Texas Veterans Commission, 211 and area faith based and community based entities, along with other local, regional, state and federal agencies.
Support Services For Veterans And Their Families
The West Central Texas Regional Foundation offers Preventative and Stabilization Services for Veterans in the West Central Texas region. Services include outreach, case management, help in obtaining and coordinating other public services and limited temporary financial assistance for some services. Our goals are rapid re-housing or preventing homelessness among Veterans and their families, and to enhance independent living skills.
Services Are Provided To
- Very Low income Veteran Families
- Veterans currently living in their home at risk of eviction
- Veterans currently homeless and moving into housing within 90 days
- Veterans who have become homeless in the past 90 days
Veteran's Crisis Line
Texas Veterans Portal
- Development of a Housing Stability Plan
- Assistance in obtaining benefits
- Referrals and coordination of services with community service agencies
Temporary Emergency Financial Assistance
- Based on program eligibility
- Limited assistance for rent, utilities and/ or deposits childcare and bus fares
- Emergency supplies
- Coordination with partners to provide financial counseling or legal assistance
Services Are Available In The Following Counties
Veteran Housing Services
We know that housing navigation can be a problem for you. We work to establish relationships with independent rental owners, housing authorities, property management teams and developers who want to bring additonal affordable and accessible housing resources to West Central Texas.
Since YOU have a unique housing situation, we will help identify and prioritize your needs and provide assistance in obtaining services.
We keeps lists for the counties of: Brown, Callahan, Coleman, Comanche, Eastland, Fisher, Haskell, Jones, Kent, Knox, Mitchell, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Stephens, Stonewall, Taylor and Throckmorton. Since listings change constantly, be sure to get the most up to date rate and occupancy informaiton from the provider listed.
Give us a call today at (800) 928-2262 or use the contact form on this page to email our team directly to get the help you need.